The 6 professors of the main campus of the HTU (elementary, junior and senior high school) participated.
This training was about the environmental education.
The first day, the program was as follows:
- Environmental Education (EE) and its objectives
- Why EE at school?
- EE topics to adress
- Pedagogy to talk about EE
- Activity ideas to talk about EE
- Create activities to talk about EE / incorporate EE into the school curriculum
On the second day, the program was:
- Debate: Why are students aware of having to protect our planet, but do not necessarily act accordingly?
- Motivate students to be more respectful of our planet
- Actions that can be done every day to protect our planet
- Inspiring Filipinos and actions done in the Philippines to protect our planet
At the end of the training, an elementary teacher asked if it was possible to make a presentation for her students.
This will be added to activities on the theme of energy, water, waste, plants and animals that will be done regularly with the kindergarten teacher throughout the school year.
We would like to thank the HTU for giving us the opportunity to do this training, the professors present and invested and especially to Ms. Cyndy Hinguillo who was a great help for the logistics organization of this training.